Please complete the pre-registration application by filling in all mandatory fields concerning your contact details (“Application”). You will receive an email confirmation to the address you have provided, which will contain. A user name (your prospective student number), a password and a link in order to complete the application in the next step. You will then be asked to provide all necessary information in the next steps.
In step 9, before submitting your final application via the “Send the contract data” button, you can choose to view a preliminary version of your study contract.
After successful completion of the steps, you will need to click on “Download Study Contract” and print out two copies of your study contract.
=> Please sign a copy and send it to the University, together with the remaining application documents (see the application check list). You should keep the other copy for your records.
The application deadlines are as follows:
- Summer semester: March 10
- Winter semester: September 10
Late registration (subject to charges):
- Summer Semester: April 10
- Winter Semester: October 10
Once we have received your application and have verified that you meet the relevant entry requirements, you will receive an e-mail to confirm that you have been included in the group of eligible candidates.
The start of the semester is September 15 (winter semester) and March 15 (summer semester).
If your University placement has been confirmed, we ask you to bring your ID on the day of enrolment (i.e. the first day of the first onsite period) in order to register at the University. Your student card will also be provided on that day.
Guidelines for a successful application:
- Study contract (two copies with a total of 19 pages)
- Passport photo (with first and last names on the back)
- Copy of identification document (front and back)
- Letter of Motivation
- One of the following higher education entrance qualifications, as applicable:
- Certified copy of A Level or high-school diploma (e. g. German Abitur)
- Certified copy of Advanced Vocational Certificate of Education or Technical diploma (e. g. German Fachabitur)
- Certified copy of a certificate of a comparable degree from abroad + Proof of university entrance qualification by the accreditation office in Bavaria
- Certified copy of a further training examination
- Certified copy of the Master Craftsman’s Diploma
- Certified copy of a subject-related training certificate (at least 2 years) + reference of relevant professional experience (at least 3 years)
- Medical insurance certificate
- If you have a statutory health insurance, you need to provide a document confirming this (may be requested from your health insurance company)
- If you have private health insurance, you need to provide a certificate of membership from your insurance company as well as a written confirmation of your exemption from compulsory insurance
When applying for a Master’s program, the following additional documents must be submitted:
- University diploma (Certified copy of Bachelor / Diploma / Master certificate)
- Specifically for the MBA program: Certified references (e.g. internship certificates, certificates of employment)
Applicants with school qualification:
- Certified copy of A Level or high school diploma (e.g. German Abitur) – or equivalent
- Certified copy of Advanced Vocational Certificate of Education or Technical diploma (e.g. German Fachabitur) – or equivalent
Applicants with professional qualification:
- Master Craftsman’s Diploma (Meisterbrief)
→ acquired under the terms of the German Vocational Training Act (BBiG) or HandwO
- Training examination (Fortbildungsprüfung)
→ under the terms of the German Vocational Training Act (BBiG) §§ 53, 54 or HandwO § 42,42A
→ training to an extent of at least 400 hours
- Degree from a professional school / professional academy (German Fachschule or Fachakademie)
→ the professional college / professional academy has to be publicly acknowledged or state accredited
- Training degree from an administrative and economic academy (German Verwaltungs- und Wirtschaftsakademie)
→ the examination regulations must be state-accredited
→ training to an extent of at least 400 hours
- Administration specialist (German Verwaltungsfachwirt) or Exam II of the Bavarian Administration School (Fachprüfung II der Bayerischen Verwaltungsschule)
- Apprenticeship and professional experience
→ proof of a subject-related apprenticeship of at least 2 years proof of a subject-specific professional experience of at least 3 years
Completion of a mathematics introductory course at the University of Applied Management
+ Completion of a preparation course in mathematics at the UAM
+ Successful completion of a trial period of study (2 semesters; acquisition of at least 30 ECTS credit points is necessary)
For all applicants with professional qualification, consultation with the University of Applied Management must be carried out.
Applicants with university entrance qualification from abroad:
- Foreign education (formal or professional)
→ Proof of university entrance qualification by the Bavarian Certificate Recognition Office (Zeugnisanerkennungsstelle Bayern)
For detailed information click here
- The University of Applied Management only accepts exchange students from partner universities. You must contact your institutional or departmental coordinator and apply through your home university. Application deadlines for exchange students:
→ Winter semester (September-February): May 1
→ Summer semester (March-August): November 1
- Please fill in the application form after you have been nominated for an exchange semester and send it, together with all the required attachments, to email@example.com
→ Application Form
→ HAM Learning Agreement
→ UAM Profile Sheet 2019 for further information
- As for ERASMUS+ Students, please note that we will be happy to sign your ERASMUS+ learning agreements after the deadline. Acceptance letters will be sent within 4 weeks after the deadline.
Graduates of the University of Applied Management
- Bachelor’s degree in the same subject→ In case of a Bachelor’s degree in the same subject, NO preliminary courses have to be attended at the University of Applied Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in a similar subject
→ In case of a Bachelor’s degree in a similar subject, subject-related preliminary courses have to be attended at the University of Applied Management
Graduates from other universities
- Bachelor’s degree in the same subject with at least 210 ECTS credit points
→ In case of a degree with less than 210 ECTS credit points, missing ECTS credit points can be acquired in preliminary courses at the University of Applied Management
- Bachelor’s degree in a similar subject (e. g. economics)
→ In case of a bachelor’s degree in a similar subject, subject-related preliminary courses have to be attended at the University of Applied Management